Re: Interview Questions

Subject: Re: Interview Questions
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 09:58:23 -0700

> > At 08:40 PM 5/14/98 GMT, Barb Philbrick wrote:
> > >
> > >The favorite and hobbies questions do have a purpose. When I was
> > >teaching, I taught students how to write resumes, and one of the
> > >discussions was "what do you put in the Outside Interest section?"
> >
> > One benefit of the "outside interest" section is that you never know
> what will connect with the reader/propective employer. It's great when you
> have something in common that's not job-related. You both can relax a
> little in what can be a stressful situation.
> >
> > Walter (who got his first post-college job because he'd made bagels)

This is a no-no.

Do not put personal information on your resume.

That is what the interview is for.

And for gosh sakes! Do NOT ever enclose a photograph of yourself!

Don't laugh, this one guy sent in a resume, listing his likes and dislikes,
and all of his hobbies; complete with a photograph of him sitting at a desk
and computer.

My guess is that somebody who really hated this guy "helped" him put his
resume together.

Gimme a break - what did that prove?!

And unless you are looking for a job as a porno star, no pink or blue
scented paper!

IMNSHO!

-Barry