Best Tool, Market Dominance ( was Re: Technical Writer Education)

Subject: Best Tool, Market Dominance ( was Re: Technical Writer Education)
From: JIMCHEVAL <JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 13:06:43 EDT

In a message dated 98-05-16 06:56:50 EDT, Woolfbob -at- AOL -dot- COM writes:

<< The only advantage I see to MSWord is that it usually comes free,
in one form or another, with all of the Microsoft operating systems. >>
And in real world terms, that's a decisive advantage.

<< So what's the consensus out there? If MSOffice/Word wasn't a "freebie"
bundled with all of the new Windows programs, would we see it being used so
much? >>
But it is, you see, and so we do.

<< I wonder? Kind of doubt it really. Just another credit to Mr. Bill
"Bad Haircut" Gate's marketing strategy. >>
History is written by the victors.

DOS wasn't the best operating system, either. (And VHS wasn't the best video
format.) Do you remember the others?

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood
== JC's TW page - http://members.aol.com/jimcheval/twone.htm ==