Re: Our Real Nemesis

Subject: Re: Our Real Nemesis
From: William Meisheid <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 07:52:54 -0400

>TC can have an aesthetic, but, like any crafts', it has to
be based on function to be any use.

And I believe I am correct in saying that the real function
of technical communication is meeting the needs of the user,
no matter what other agendas are attached along the way.
Once the document, or the help system, or the process
itself, becomes an end in itself, the real function is lost.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified RoboHELP Training http://www.sageline.com
Sageline Publishing 410.465.1548 Fax: 410.465.1812
70713 -dot- 2225 -at- compuserve -dot- com or wgm -at- sageline -dot- com