Re: Addendum Alert

Subject: Re: Addendum Alert
From: William E Newkirk <wenewkir -at- MBNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 12:23:46 -0400

Subject: Addendum Alert

>Even if the addendum pages are bound in with the rest of the manual, let
>say at the end, how do you alert your users that those pages are there,
>since the cover of the manual looks the same as it ever did? This engineer
>says to put a sticker on the front of the manual, like a
warning.
don
>like stickers, so I suggested a stamp, in red ink, with the words
Custom
>Product Addendum Included in This Manual
or something like this.

today, we kick out a "record of addendums" that goes in the front of the
manual with the addendums (our manuals are loose-leaf..)

paper color is pink (service bulletins are orchid).

index lists any outstanding addendums for a given manual (soon to be on the
network, currently you can only get a downloaded program with data. the new
program will let you look stuff up w/o having to do that (we had written
the program a long time ago and we're just now able to do something a bit
nicer than providing a downable huge file...)