References/Resources for graphics/printing

Subject: References/Resources for graphics/printing
From: Lori Smith <lasmith -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 01:59:09 -0500

Hi all!
I am interested in finding some kind of resource (book, class, website,
etc.) to help me understand the different types of graphic file formats
(everything from .ico to .bmp to whatever else might be out there). I am
primarily interested in finding out the difference between how different
graphic files are "put together." I am hoping that this will help me to
understand what type of file is best for different situations.

I'm also looking for a good resource about the technical side of
printing graphics and text (including some background on printer drivers
and fonts?) that might help me to troubleshoot output. I would like to
understand printing Kanji, too.

We use FrameMaker for authoring and Docutech and Acrobat for output if
that helps.

Thanks,
Lori

--