Re: Controlled English

Subject: Re: Controlled English
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:35:04 -0500

At 05:13 PM 5/20/98 -0400, Larissa Neumann wrote:
>Sounds interesting. Does anybody out there actually use controlled
>English in their writing? Does it help? How do you do it?
>
>Is software available that can check your work for compliance with
>Controlled English?
>I did search the internet and found one program, which is basically a
>dictionary of allowed and forbidden words. (The software is called
>Author's Structured Simplified English Tool (ASSET)).
>
>Larissa Neumann
>Publications Department
>DSC Ltd.

I thought it sounded interesting, too, since I will have to be
"internationalizing" some documents very soon. So, I did a little Web
search, and discovered at least one other software product, called
ClearCheck(tm) - Controlled English Checking Software. More info can be
found at:

http://www.cgi.com/web2/cis/clearchk.htm