Re: RoboHelp 6.0

Subject: Re: RoboHelp 6.0
From: Chris Eckert <chrise -at- BLUE-SKY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:14:20 -0800

This is not true. Blue Sky Software currently provides free support to
all customers, regardless of which version they are using. There are
plans to limit FREE telephone support to current versions, but this has
not been implemented yet. Free support for older versions would still be
available via the web site, email and fax, as well as a pay for support
phone line. But currently, all customers are eligible for all methods of
technical support.

Chris Eckert
Blue Sky Software

From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Friday, 29 May, 1998 8:57 AM
Subject: RoboHelp 6.0

><rant>
>
> I strongly agree with Hsuan-min Chou's (hchou -at- interaccess -dot- com)
statement:

>on a related note [steps up to soapbox!], i find it fairly repugnant
that
>Blue-Sky would release two major versions of RH in a 7 month period (RH
5.0
>in October, RH 6.0 in May, not to mention the bug-fixing RH 5.5
in-between)
>thereby insuring that people purchase the subscriber plan to keep up w/
the
>unusually quick succession of releases/bug fixes. not even Microsoft is
>this greedy. of course, people don't need to upgrade, but considering
5.0's
>stability (and lack thereof), it's almost required!
>
>We've had a LOT of problems with RH 5.5, don't have the subscriber plan,
>and are pretty much stuck. I have a back and forth correspondence with
>Blue-Sky a mile long, trying to solve the problems we've encountered.
Does
>anyone know who I could address my complaints to at Blue-Sky? I've
gotten
>limited usefulness from their support people's responses, and no Big
>Picture solution.
>
></rant>
>
>Hope Cascio

~~