Re: HTML & ROBOHELP WITH FRAMEMAKER

Subject: Re: HTML & ROBOHELP WITH FRAMEMAKER
From: Scott Wahl <swahl -at- BRIDGEWATERSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 13:22:21 -0400

What you might want to look into is FrameMaker+SGML. This is FrameMaker with
SGML support: you create documents using a structured template, then do 'save
as' to convert to SGML.

(One caveat: SGML requires some real work to implement, and it can be a
nightmare to convert large documents from Word into SGML -- although there are
scripting tools out there to do just that. For more info, check out the web
site http://www.sil.org/sgml or the newsgroup comp.text.sgml)

FrameMaker+SGML 5.5 now also has support for saving as HTML. So once you have
the SGML structure, the HTML conversion is relatively straightforward.

Scott

Sudhin U Bhobe wrote:

> Hi !!!!
>
> Until now I have been using Word for all documenting purposes. When I
> realised Word was no good for huge documents and on repeated suggestions
> from all you guys out there, I have suggested to my management that we
> start working with Frame Maker.
>
> Word integrates very well with RoboHelp. Now what I would like to know
> is:
>
> How well does Frame Maker integrate with RoboHelp?
> How easy is it to create HTML help with Frame maker?
>
> I am a novice as far as FrameMaker is concerned. SOS!!!!
>
> Sudhin U. Bhobe
> Icode Software Inc.
> sudhin -at- icodeindia -dot- soft -dot- net
> 0091-80-6610493

begin:          vcard
fn:             Scott Wahl
n:              Wahl;Scott
org:            Bridgewater Systems
adr:            555 Legget Dr.  Suite 800;;;Kanata;ON;K2K 2X3;CANADA
email;internet: swahl -at- bridgewatersys -dot- com
title:          Customer Documentation Coordinator
tel;work:       1-613-591-6655
tel;fax:        1-613-591-6656
tel;home:       1-613-236-7954
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0