Re: Addendum Alert

Subject: Re: Addendum Alert
From: Roy Anderson <royanderson -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:15:21 -0400

Having purchased dozens of software products and titles over the years, I find
most vendors place addendum materials on different colored papers within in
the manual, usually behind the cover. It's an effective way to call my attention
to updated materials. In fact, I always read addendums before I read the other
docs. In turn, I fold and staple addendum materials to the inside front cover of
my materials to keep it from being lost.

Sickers? Nah.

Just received an update documentation package from an external drive manufacturer.
Included in the package was a cover letter telling me to throw away the old
manual,
to rely completely upon the "accurate" information in the enclosed manual, and
most importantly--a brightly-colored addendum to the newly minted manual. That
warranted
a chuckle.