Newsletter guidelines?

Subject: Newsletter guidelines?
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- MIDCOM-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:54:55 -0500

Hi all--

They've recently moved the employee newsletter here from HR to me. In
doing so, they are hoping to try for a more professional angle with the
newsletter ... no more recipes, no more cute little blind items about
"what is it that has put the sparkle in Carrie Smith's (Shift 1, Line
Leader) eyes? Could it be that new engagement ring we see on her
finger?!? Congrats Carrie!"

[shudder ...]

Still, I'm getting lots of questions about what is and what is not
acceptable fodder for this beast. Weddings? Nah, I don't think so.
Births? None of those either. Deaths? Only if it is an employee ...

Has anyone else been saddled with the employee newsletter, and have a set
of guidelines of what is included? I will create my own if need be, but
would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks!

Patty Ewy
Marketing Communications