Re: PS to PDF: How long to Distill?

Subject: Re: PS to PDF: How long to Distill?
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:36:55 -0600

Dan,

My experience is similar to Dave's. I print PS files from books in Frame,
then distill them. The whole process takes 20 minutes or so.

I have had problems in the past when I had Distiller Assistant running on my
current system. On my NT box back at Micron, I never had problems, but when
DA ran on my Win '95 system here, it would fire up the distiller while Frame
was still printing PS files. It would then distill the files at a snail's
pace (if it didn't crash). So much for pre-emptive multitasking.

If you're using Distiller Assistant on Win '95, turn it off. Print the PS
files first, then distill them in batch after the files are finished
printing.

Bill Burns
ILE Communications/Eccentric Technology Consultant
billdb -at- ile -dot- com