Re: Small L and Number1

Subject: Re: Small L and Number1
From: John Newman <johnn -at- OTG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:09:00 -0400

The quick answer is to use a different font. You wouldn't have to change
the font for your whole publicaiton. If your style standards would allow
it, just use the differing font for path names. A free font from
Microsoft called Verdana has easily distinguishable lowercase L's,
numeral 1's, and uppercase I's. You can find it at
http://www.microsoft.com/truetype/fontpack/win.htm (for Windows) or
http://www.microsoft.com/truetype/fontpack/mac.htm (for Mac). There are
many other fonts out there that do the same thing. You may even have
some already installed.

John Newman
Technical Writer
OTG Software