generated TOCS w/Quark?

Subject: generated TOCS w/Quark?
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:42:10 -0400

Hi all -

Our marketing group is developing a corporate graphics standards guide.
No one in the group has any experience with DTP apps, so the graphic
artist has been doing everything in Corel. He mentioned to me this AM
that he is getting increasingly frustrated trying to produce a book in
Corel (duh!) and asked me about Quark (apparently several print shops
recommended it to him).

I have never used Quark, but I do have extensive experience with
FrameMaker and some experience with PageMaker and am wondering if one of
these would be a better tool. Some posts in the archives indicate that
Quark is good for very graphics-intensive docs (which this book would
be), but since this book will grow some over the next few years, I am
concerned about the ease of updating TOCs and indexes.

Can someone advise if Quark allows you to generate TOCs and indexes?

Thanks,

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Senior Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
mailto:cwhutchings -at- homewireless -dot- com