Re: Why are we excluded

Subject: Re: Why are we excluded
From: Mark Dempsey <mxd2 -at- OSI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:18:44 -0700

Here's a quote from our H.R. Guy for all you offshore U.S. Tech writer wannabes
(he's letting me down easy for referring an Indian tech writer):

Here is some info fyi. People off-shore are extremely hard to get into the U.S.
Especially now since there is a freeze on any new visas until October 1st (the beg.
of the new U.S. budget year). For the second year in a row and only the second time
in our history as a country, the INS has filled the max. allowable immigrant
applications into the U.S. (65,000 per year). And with visa holders already in the
U.S., it still takes the INS 4-6 months to process the required H-1B visa before
they could start at OSI.

Regards,
--
--mailto:mxd2 -at- osi -dot- com