Re: Style and Brevity in steps (long)

Subject: Re: Style and Brevity in steps (long)
From: Lizak Kristin <LizakKristin -at- JDCORP -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:12:51 -0500

Bill - I always indicate where an action occurs before the action itself. In
my business, I am writing to farmers - some who may have never used a
computer before. I always write an introductory paragraph explaining what
they are trying to accomplish, and any background info they need. Then I
outline the steps so the user can actually follow it as they read.