Re: Binding costs

Subject: Re: Binding costs
From: Locke David <dlocke -at- BINDVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:20:27 -0500

Carl,

The perfect binding that allows books to lie flat is called "Lay-Flat
binding." It requires a particular machine and is only economical on
large runs.

When I looked for a printer that could do this, I asked the equipment
manufacturer for a referral. Nobody in Houston could do it. I had to go
to Austin to find a printer who could.

If you are doing a large run, your printer could subcontract this
without involving you. You will pay shipping either way.

David W. Locke