Re: Quoting Salary schedule from STC

Subject: Re: Quoting Salary schedule from STC
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:25:39 -0400

I went to the Department of Labor (www.dol.gov) and found my way to the Bureau
of Labor Statistics site. The link below is for the Occupational Compensation
Survey search page. Enter your metro area (consult the list - there is a link -
if necessary). But "Technical Writing" is not one of the specific titles they
address - I guess we're either lumped in with Writers, Technical Occupations,
or Professional Specialty Occupations (at least in the few reports that I
looked at). Not having an explicit Tech Writer category will make it harder to
use as a case for salary adjustment, I'd say.

http://stats.bls.gov/search/ocwc_s.asp

If someone did find something specific to tech writers, please share!

--
Kim Keegan
Information Developer, ISI Data Services, Dayton OH USA