Responsibility for work?

Subject: Responsibility for work?
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:03:37 -0500

Bruce wrote:
>I consider an entry level writer one who has basic writing
> skills, and possible some tech-writing experience, but who
> is not expected to take any responsibility in their work.

I may be wrong here, but I would have an entry-level tech writer certainly
take responsibility for his or her work. I just wouldn't expect it to be at
my level (yet). This is part of developing employees, and they must take
responsibility for their work, though the responsibility for the actual work
rests with the manager/supervisor.

A matter of semantics, I suppose, but an important one, I think.
Steve Taylor
Consultant for Technical Directions, Inc.
On location at:
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 853-7182
steve -dot- taylor -at- allegiancetelecom -dot- com
http://www.alegiancetele.com