Re: word to pdf conversion

Subject: Re: word to pdf conversion
From: sng <sngotler -at- GOTLER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:24:01 -0400

No, you don't need to pass your Word doc through FrameMaker.

You can create postscript/pdf in two ways (assuming you already have Adobe
Acrobat):
1. Print directly to PDF. Select Acrobat PDFwriter as your printer. It will
prompt you for a file name.

OR

2. Print to postscript. Select "Print to File" from the Word print dialog.
It will prompt you for the name of a file and it will add a ".prn"
extension to your file name. You can't overwrite that. Then, convert the
.prn file (it's really a postscript file) to PDF using Acrobat Distiller.

The first method is faster, but you may not work as well with more complex
doc's. The second method is slower, but I think it is more robust.

Steve Gotler
sngotler -at- gotler -dot- com
www.gotler.com