FWD: Salary Survey from STC

Subject: FWD: Salary Survey from STC
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 05:48:37 -0600

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

> From: Tracy Boyington[SMTP:tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG]
> To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
>
> Has *anyone* found the STC salary survey to be accurate for their
> particular situation? I'm not talking about contracting vs
> non-contracting, but whether the survey results that are supposed to
> apply to you seem reasonable.

It's been a while since I looked at the survey, but I remember that it
was fairly accurate in my case. I live 20 miles from downtown Seattle.
A new house goes for about $130,000, and there's no shortage of them. I
rent a nice 2-bedroom apartment for $515/mo. My annual gross, as a
contractor working as an employee of an agency, is $64,480. That
includes a time-worked bonus equal to two weeks pay (so I basically get
two weeks paid vacation). I pay my own medical insurance. The agency
provides a good 401K plan.