Re: Screen vs. Window

Subject: Re: Screen vs. Window
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:32:50 -0400

I don't know whether this is accurate or not, but here's how I use them:

If I'm documenting a character-based system - I refer to "screens".
If I'm refering to something on the windows desktop (i.e., icon), I use "screens".
If I'm documenting a windows (GUI) application, I refer to "windows".

I also make the following type of distinctions:
"Complete each of the fields displayed on the screen"
"Complete each of the fields displayed in the window"

That's just how I do it.
Suzette