Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs

Subject: Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:14:41 -0500

> IMHO, the cat story is great because nothing happened to a real cat. It
> is memorable and clearly gets the point across.

But it offended others. The fact that no real cats were harmed hardly
makes it appropriate. I know people who would have stopped reading a
publication immediately, perhaps even calling the vendor to ask "what
kind of sicko wrote this?" if they were presented with such an example.
Is that the best way to get the point across?

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm