Re: Word conditional text problem

Subject: Re: Word conditional text problem
From: "Munro, Charlie" <cmunro -at- SELSIUS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:00:23 -0500

Chris,

If what you need is just a placeholder that will be replaced by the user
one time, the simple method is to use a MacroButton field. You can see
examples of this in almost any of the templates supplied with word
(faxes, letters, etc.).

Syntax: MacroButton MacroName Text to display

For example, the field { MacroButton DoNothing Insert Title Here } just
displays Insert Title Here in the document. DoNothing is a fake macro
name; there's no DoNothing macro required. When the user clicks the
field, the entire sentence is selected, and can be deleted or typed over
(in which case the field is replaced with plain text.

The only restriction is that the display text cannot wrap.

HTH
Charlie