Re: Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?

Subject: Re: Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?
From: Mark Wilden <Mark -at- MWILDEN -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 07:13:40 -0700

Ron Schwarz -- see sig to reply wrote in message >
>FWIW, the absolute best winhelp development software I have *ever* seen is
>called HWA (Help Writer's Assistant) from a small outfit in New Zealand.

I reviewed many help authoring tools last year, and I don't remember being
particularly impressed by HWA (though I'll take your word for it). The problem
is that employers want to see RoboHELP on your resume. Now, it may be that in
some cases, all they care about is the results, not the tool used to achieve
them, but just try telling that to a Forth programmer. :)

Another advantage of being a sheep and following the crowd is that you'll find
many more resources available for big-name products, including support from the
company itself. It's unfortunate to have to make decisions based on popularity,
but that's the real world for you.