Re: Bulleted text

Subject: Re: Bulleted text
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:02:05 -0700

Bulleted lists are always related to the preceeding information. So,
indenting the list to indicate that it relates to preceeding information
is redundant.

MS style guide says nothing about indentation.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

> I indent bulleted lists to visually clue the reader that the
> information in the bullets is related
> to/or referencing the information in the preceding paragraph. No
indent, and the reader could infer the bulleted list is a foray into
new, rather than related or additional information. It's a hierarchy
thing. This information relates to that information. BTW, what does
the Microsoft Manual of Style say about it?