Re: buttons graphics in documentation

Subject: Re: buttons graphics in documentation
From: Hulda Hime <hulda -at- WW-WEB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:20:56 -0700

Personally, I like it. I don't read documentation...I know very few people
who do. As most of my users, I use it only when I need to do something.
In that situation, I want to see the buttons, etc. in front of me rather
than having to refer to another section to see what the button looks like.
I'm of the school that believes in simple instructions. I don't want to
read "Click the button that looks like a camera." Show me the button.
I've used this method in a few manuals and the users liked it.

Just my opinion...

-- Hulda R. Hime --
hulda -at- ww-web -dot- com