Re: Format for receiving document reviews -Reply

Subject: Re: Format for receiving document reviews -Reply
From: David Spiteri <DSPITERI -at- TUC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:11:01 -0500

What problems have you had merging revisions? The only problem we had was that sometimes the person doing the revisions did not turn on Revisions mode. (Human Error) I would hardly compare it to Master Documents. We have had success and satisfaction using the merge revisions feature. Compare Versions has also proven to be very valuable (BTW It is a good solution to the Human Error I mentioned above).

>>> "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM> 06/23/98 08:36am >>>
Jean,
The color of marked revisions and annotations is not dependent
on the reviewer remembering to choose a different color. Word
tags all marked revisions and annotations with the name of the
person who made the change (as well as the date and time).
It's left up to the reader to determine whether the same color is
used for all revisions or whether they will be color-coded by
author. Go to Tools->Revisions->Options (or alternatively to
Tools->Options->Revisions, which brings you to the same page)
to set the display color of revisions.

Word is _supposed to_ make it easy to merge revisions from
multiple reviewers rather than forcing you to use a serial review
process. Unfortunately, this is another one of those great features
that simply doesn't work (along with the Master document feature).
One of my colleagues tried to use Word this way and wound up
contemplating suicide (well, almost...).

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com