Re: Document Management

Subject: Re: Document Management
From: "Warren, David" <David -dot- Warren -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:18:00 -0400

Howdy!

We at Nextel are putting document control under the PVCS (by
InterSolv) system. It became the most convenient method of version

control with the added plus that it associates documents, and
therefore Pubs., more closely to development.

I'd advise against any Interleaf-centric solution, as they have
lost
the war for the publishing desktop.

David T. Warren
Pubs. Mgr., Nextel

_________________________________
Subject: Document Management
Author: Hilary Phillips [SMTP:hilary -at- CYGNUSPR -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK] at NEXTELUS
Date: 6/26/98 8:44 AM

I am currently looking for good software to support a repository of Word
=
files for a client. I am looking at quite a wide range of options and =
would be delighted to hear comments on Lotus Notes Domino.doc, Interleaf
=
RDM, other major repository management systems and more homespun =
approaches using, e.g. MS Access, or entirely other methods which I =
haven't thought of yet.

The ideal solution will include company-wise intranet access, workflow =

type facilities for document development, a means of storing management
=
information about documents, search facilities, tracking of documents =
and version control.

Hilary Phillips

~~~
Find TECHWR-L-related books at