Re: Is RoboHELP 4.0 really not supported by WORD 97?

Subject: Re: Is RoboHELP 4.0 really not supported by WORD 97?
From: "Warren, David" <David -dot- Warren -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:28:00 -0400

I wonder if Ms. Cascio either upgraded to Word 97 from Word 95 and
the
installer neglected to delete the VBA librarires, or still has a
program on her PC that uses the VBA libraries. Either possibility
might allow RH4 to function.

FWIW, we're considering help systems, have an older v. of RH, and
Blue
Sky *still* won't send us a demo. v. of the new RH suite. At least

Wextech's Doc-to-Help offers both the future potential to become
Framemaker-friendly *and* works cooperatively with a shareware help

system generator for the Mac.

Please, no questions on this--no time this month...check out the
appropriate web sites for more info.

David T. Warren
Pubs. Mgr., Nextel

_________________________________
Author: Beth Friedman [SMTP:bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM] at NEXTELUS
Date: 6/29/98 11:23 PM

In our previous episode, Hope Cascio said:

> We were using RoboHELP 4.0 with Word 97 for the last year, and it
> worked fine. (FWIW, a lot better than RH 5.0 with Word 97!)

How very odd. I have version 4.00.040, and it's definitely not
compatible with Word 97. If I open a project in Word 97, it tries to
convert the macros, which are all in WordBasic, not VBA, and then
chokes and brings up the debugger.

I wonder if there were two versions of 4.0, perhaps.

Beth
Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com