Re: FrameMaker/RoboHelp/WinHelp Tutorials

Subject: Re: FrameMaker/RoboHelp/WinHelp Tutorials
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 22:15:27 -0500

In our previous episode, Bruce Byfield said:
> > That's not true of Adobe products. In fact, I've never seen that.
> > Every software can think of either requires the registration number or
> > doesn't (mostly, it does), but doesn't have a number-free demo
> > version. There may be some, of course, but I don't think it's common.
>
> Check the installation menu of FrameMaker. When it comes up, you have a
> choice to install as a demo (that is, without a licence) or as a
> registered
> owner.

Sorry about that previous message -- hit the send button accidentally.

I must have totally spaced the demo option; I don't remember seeing
it. Sorry about contradicting you -- especially incorrectly!

> The demo doesn't allow you to save, and (I think) prints a watermark
> on all printed pages.

Quark has something like this, too, I think.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Your eyes are like aquariums," he murmured admiringly.
"Don't you mean -- aquamarines?"
"No -- aquariums. They're sort of a murky green."