TW and relocation

Subject: TW and relocation
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:30:55 -0500

Hi gang,

We've had some discussions lately about "hot" areas (in the sense of
buzzing, not heat...Dallas was 108 F <THI> yesterday!) that occasionally
I get the urge to move. I see so many interesting jobs posted on this
list (and the WinHelp, Framers, and Word lists, too) for tech writing
positions, but most of them are not in this area (Dallas, Tx).

Does anyone know how common it is to pay relocation or moving expenses
for tech writers? Are we considered enough of a necessity in any areas
of the U.S. to warrant such amenities? Have any list members had success
in asking for moving expense reimbursement?

Just curious,

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.