that hideous Frame problem

Subject: that hideous Frame problem
From: "Bayne, Sonia E." <bayneso -at- AMSWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:15:42 -0400

<Laura wrote:
When I double-click a file, Frame informs me that a font is missing. >

Here's more grist for the mill:
Our experience is similar to Dave Swenson's, and the problem seemed to
lie in the default printer driver. We're running Frame 5.5, Win 95, and
our default printer is a good old HP LaserJet 4M. Our Frame template
uses Adobe PostScript fonts we purchased for the project. Every time I
open Frame, I have to re-specify the printer driver as HP LaserJet 4/4M
PostScript. If I forget, I get Frame's "Missing Font" console list...

There must be a way to specify the PostScript driver as default whenever
I open a Frame doc, but I haven't found it yet. Maybe it's just one of
Frame's endearing little quirks.

~ Sonia Bayne, glad to be back now the crunch project is wrapped up.

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries." -- A.A. Milne