Re: Working Wages

Subject: Re: Working Wages
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:12:03 -0400

At 07:59 PM 6/30/98 -0400, Bruce Byfield wrote:
Gord Deyo <DeyoG -at- ITLS -dot- COM>

>How about the United Technical Writers (UTW) union?

Great idea, though there's already a more general union that includes a
very high percentage (45% now, I think) of tech and related writers. (See
my signature for contact information.) There's also WashTech, not a union
but organizing on behalf of technical permatemps, including tech writers,
in Wash. State, where many unpleasant conditions have been imposed by the
power of Microsoft.

Good to be reminded that we tech writers haven't forgotten our class status
as wage-earners.

Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
Web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
E-mail: nwu -at- nwu -dot- org