Re: Problem converting Frame book to PDF

Subject: Re: Problem converting Frame book to PDF
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 19:20:38 -0400

Amy Lodato wrote (in part):

>I'm wondering if anyone knows how to interpret the error I am getting when
>trying to convert a FrameMaker 5.5 book into a PDF file. When I "save as
>.pdf," everything seems to go well until it reaches page 2 of the 3rd
>chapter, where it stalls for a long time. It then aborts the pdf process
and
>generates a log file with the following error:
>
>%%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: showpage ]%%
>%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
>
>There's nothing I can see in body, master or reference pages that refers to
>a "showpage" command, but I'm not sure I would know what that would look
>like if it were there.

The showpage command is one of the most important commands in the
PostScript language. It is the command that tells the printer to actually
draw a page containing all the graphic objects (lines, letters, etc.) that
have just been described in a big chunk of PostScript code. Because
PDF is based on the PostScript language, FrameMaker inserts a
showpage command at the end of each page's PostScript description
before starting on the next page.

But as to why FrameMaker is choking at this particular page, I haven't a
clue because I'm not currently a Frame user.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com