Re: TW Rates/Remuneration

Subject: Re: TW Rates/Remuneration
From: "McMARTIN, Robert" <rmcmarti -at- BAEA -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:28:26 +0930

Have been getting the same treatment here recently. New manger doesn't
believe that a Tech Writer is worth what I'm being paid (would at times
agree with him).
They don't take into account all the other work you do, usability
testing, bug detection, user advocacy, documentation management, project
management, scheduling and so on.

Still if you don't cjeck the papers and occasionally apply for jobs, you
will never know your true worth. I was recently approached by
Headhunters and offered a job 30 K more than I make now.
Problem is it was in Senior Management, more agro, longer hours, more
overseas trips, greater responsibility. Having an 18 month old
daughter, who's a handful, I turned them down.

Still its nice to know others outside think more about you than your
company does. (Ego Boost, scratch your ear Rob, can't my arms are too
short).

regards

Rob.