Re: More on RoboHelp

Subject: Re: More on RoboHelp
From: Lisa Mishli <Lmish -at- PO2 -dot- ROBOTEC -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:41:04 +0300

I don't know if MOST people use it, but judging from the mail on
tech-shoret, MANY companies in Israel use it.

I don't want to go into the pros and cons of different help authoring
tools (HATs).
I would recommend that you speak to some "experts" - those who have
experience with a NUMBER of help authoring tools. When selecting a HAT
you should consider the scope of your company's documentation (one or
two large software packages, or many small software products), the DTP
tool you use (the format of source texts), and the kind of software
tools you're most comfortable working (do you like programming tools,
or do you prefer something more WYSIWYG and intuitive?)

Earlier this year I took part in the TDS-Solutions Help Design seminar
with a top-of-the-line expert, Mary Deaton. From my answers to these and
other questions, Mary recommended a tool.

Lisa

P.S. It was Forehelp (by Forefront)