Packaging software

Subject: Packaging software
From: Speear Pearl <pspeear -at- TRIPLE-P -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:46:13 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have the following question:

Our department has planned to release a *light* version of our current software
application. This light version will have limited functionality, but against
payment, the customer can ask for more functionality and even request for all
the functionality the original application has. My problem now is that I do not
know beforehand which functionality will be delivered in every particular light
version. Has anyone ideas of how to deal with that in the documentation.
My first thought was to describe all functionality in a manual and supply the
individual customers with a list of the functionality in their version. Does
anyone have other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Pearl Speear
Technical Writer