Re: Creating and editing .gif technical drawings for Web

Subject: Re: Creating and editing .gif technical drawings for Web
From: Walter Hanig <walter -dot- hanig -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:23:47 -0700

You'll want a vector-based application that can save to GIF. Or develop the drawings in a vector-based application and use a converter that can input the vector format and output GIF. Visio is very easy to use and generally has enough flexibility. Also, it has "canned" shapes. If you have the time, Designer (Micrografx) is a superb technical drawing package. There's also Adobe Illustrator, but I have no first-hand experience with it.

Walter

At 10:26 AM 7/8/98 -0400, Suzanne Pyle wrote:
>I'm looking for some recommendations on drawing programs to use to create
>and edit technical drawings that are saved in .gif format. I'm creating
>drawings that represent a process or flow, and include computer hardware
>clipart with text, arrows, the whole shabang. But I'm a bit limited I'm
>afraid. Powerpoint 97 drawings don't really convert well to .gif when I
>bring them into Paint Shop Pro. I was thinking of getting Corel Draw. Can
>you recommend other programs, or ways to develop nice technical drawings in
>a format to be viewed on the Web?
>
>Suzanne

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: walter -dot- hanig -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+