Re: Cookie Monsters (Re: Search Engines)

Subject: Re: Cookie Monsters (Re: Search Engines)
From: P Diller <pdiller -at- MAIL -dot- STATE -dot- MO -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:00:08 -0400

> << Your
> choices are to disable cookies completely, thereby rendering some sites
> unusable, or have the system ask you repeatedly about receiving cookies. >>
> OR -
> You could accept the cookie, then, as soon as you're off-line, delete the
> entry in the relevant COOKIE file (cookies.txt in Netscape).

I fear this topic is perilously close to being off-topic, but there is
another alternative that I don't think falls in the "disable" category:

You can use the Luckman Anonymous Cookie, which is a freeware product. I
think the address is something like www.luckman.com. With this product,
a cookie is generated, but it goes to a central dumping site somewhere
(not in your system), and you remain anonymous.

P Diller