Re: At what point do you grow a dept.?

Subject: Re: At what point do you grow a dept.?
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:43:09 -0700

Rahel Bailie wrote:

> >Just a quick question for those of you who have
> >"grown" a documentation department:
>
> "Growing" a department grates on my nerves far more than Windows
> "displays" ... is it just me, or is this another example of a growing
> [pun intended] language?

The misuse of "growing" is on my pet peeve list, but it is preceded on
the list by such travesties as the rampant use of the word "impact"
rather than "affect" ("This change will impact our department").
*aargh*

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html