Maintenance Docs (was Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?

Subject: Maintenance Docs (was Re: Switching Job Query--what about files?
From: Lisa Higgins <lisarea -at- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:55:49 +0000

Regardless of how I feel about a company I'm leaving, I always try to
get my old files and such in order, and I create a maintenance
document, including a short style sheet if warranted, as well as a
'map' to the files and any other special instructions I think might
help.

It doesn't take long at all, and even if you really hate your job,
think of helping out the poor schmuck who ends up in the situation
you managed to get out of.

When I was freelancing, though, I did have a variety of tools and
macros and such that I'd written on my own time (conversion scripts
and the like), and I deleted those when I left.

Lisa.
lisarea -at- lucent -dot- com