software systems documentation

Subject: software systems documentation
From: Rebecca Price <beccap -at- RUST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 21:00:45 -0400

a co-worker has the assignment to locate standards for documenting
software.. not from the user's end, but from the point of view of the
person who has to update it years later. I know from a job several
years ago that there do exist some standards, but I can't remember
from where we got them or what they were.

(the co. I work for is *trying* to get ahold of it's processes, rather
than doing everything on an ad hoc basis. noble cause, but lots of
hard work for all concerned.)

if you can give us any guidance, please send notes to
jboylan -at- umich -dot- edu -dot- Thanks!

btw, I've gotten *so* much help from all you on the list, I can't
begin to thank everybody individually... but I really appreciate it!

-Becca

--
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net

"Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between 'That doesn't
make sense' and "I don't understand.' "

Children of God, by Mary Doria Russell; pg 142-143