Re: last time: the transitive thing

Subject: Re: last time: the transitive thing
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:57:05 -0700

At 03:20 PM 7/9/98 -0700, Cyndy Davis wrote:

<<This is the moment that I scream, wondering why I bothered teaching my
students correct grammar in high school if it is all for naught! For the
post that commented on grammar issues causing you to hold the writer in
contempt, remember that each writer is paid by the final authority on what
will be printed. Although I would love to stand up for grammar, truth and
the American way, I need to pay the rent.>>

In a recent email exchange with an old movie buff pal from grad school days,
I compared technical writing with screenplay writing: You get paid pretty
well for writing mostly to formula, and you do your best knowing that
everything you do can be overruled by someone higher up.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com