Technical Writing in Saudi Arabia

Subject: Technical Writing in Saudi Arabia
From: Emily Cotlier <Cotlier -at- JBLSMTP -dot- PHL -dot- LRPUB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:19:41 -0400

I've been researching international jobs for myself, and I see a lot of positions open in Saudi Arabia. Some of these positions are for English-language technical writers for the oil and petrochemical industry. I'd be very interested, having a geology degree (except, of course, I'm female). The reasons to be interested are that a) geology tech writing opportunities seem fairly rare and b) the pay, tax savings, and promotion opportunities when working in Saudi Arabia are considerable.

I do think that talking about the lifestyle issues in working in Saudi Arabia is a valid part of discussing jobs there, but I also agree it's not in the scope of this list. My father worked in Saudi Arabia for 4 years in the 1980s. Please contact me OFF LISTwith additional queries.

Emily Cotlier