Hi

Subject: Hi
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- CYBERPASS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:51:22 -0700

Hi, everyone -

I've just turned my mail on again on the Copyediting-L and TECHWR-L
lists. I've been off since mid-May.

We had a car accident May 16, on the way to the STC conference in
Anaheim. My wife, daughter, and I all survived a rollover at highway
speeds -- thanks, Volvo -- but I didn't attend the conference.

As some of you know, I took a job as a tech writer with Oracle last
February. As of a couple of weeks ago, I don't work for Oracle any more.
I have plenty of war stories about that if anyone is interested. I've
also revived my website, and I'd appreciate your comments.

My wife and I have recovered pretty well from the minor injuries we
suffered in the crash. My wife started going to her chiropractic clinic,
where they took routine neck xrays. These revealed a tumor under her
vocal cords. After convincing Kaiser -- more war stories! -- that it was
really there, we had it removed. It turned out to be adenoid cystic
carcinoma -- a rare cancer, especially in that location. If you happen
know anything about it, please let me know.

So that's how I spent my vacation. ...RM

Richard Mateosian <srm -at- cyberpass -dot- net> www.cyberpass.net/~srm/
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Berkeley, CA

© Copyright 1998. All rights reserved.