Use of "the" in figure captions

Subject: Use of "the" in figure captions
From: Katherin King <kking -at- BROOKTROUT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:25:29 -0400

Okay, okay...although there were a few dissenters (thank you!), the
majority of you agreed with my supervisor that the definite article
"the" should be taken out of our figure captions. Sigh...
The strongest arguments against it were:
* How would the captions look in a TOC?
* If it's a matter of opinion, the boss wins

Thanks to everyone who responded, and to all who had an opinion!

Kathy Stanzler
Technical Writer
Brooktrout Technology Inc.
Southborough, MA