Re: Use of the word "the" in figure captions

Subject: Re: Use of the word "the" in figure captions
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:39:22 -0700

Some examples below, followed by a bit of wisdom from the School of
Hard Knocks:

From "A Simple Approach to Digital Signal Processing", Marven and Ewers,
published 1996 by Wiley Interscience with Texas Instruments (ISBN
0-471-15243-9):

Figure 1.1, p.3: The digital signal processing system

Figure 1.2, p. 9: Architecture of the IAS computer -- showing common
program (instruction) and data memory

Figure 1.3, p. 12: Simplified block diagram of the TMS32010 -- showinng
the separate program and data memory areas of a Harvard architecture

Figure 3.26, p.50: The complete analog to digital conversion process

And now, wisdom: Let us attend!

Who signs your time card? :D

George Mena