disclaimers for heavy machinery

Subject: disclaimers for heavy machinery
From: Rebecca Price <beccap -at- RUST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:28:13 -0400

Here I am, back like a bad penny, asking for your patience and help
again...

I need to suggest to our lawyer some wording for a disclaimer for our
manuals: something to the effect that while we make every attempt to
make sure our documentation is accurate and complete, we're not
responsibile for injuries or damage caused by inaccuracies or missing
information.

I did search the archives, and there was some discussion about this
last February (Feb 6, to be exact) but all the suggested wording seems
to relate to software rather than heavy machinery.

could some of you who work in this kind of industry send me the
phrasing you use in your manuals? off line, please, unless there's
interest in a general discussion (which was covered pretty well last
feb.)

Thanks!

-becca

--
Becca Price
beccap -at- rust -dot- net

"Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between 'That doesn't
make sense' and "I don't understand.' "

Children of God, by Mary Doria Russell; pg 142-143