Headers/footers - opinions wanted

Subject: Headers/footers - opinions wanted
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:53:00 +0100

There was a discussion recently re the content of headers/footers which I
found quite useful ammunition to standardise what should be displayed and
where. What I'd like to know is does anyone know any guidelines re
separating the header/footer from the main text - e.g. line providing
definite break, "large" amount of white space, use of different
fonts/styles etc to differentiate from the body text. I lean towards using
a separator line and splitting the information between the header and
footer to give a balanced look. Another writer prefers everything in the
header with no separator and I wondered what others thought.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International