Re: copyright/phrasing

Subject: Re: copyright/phrasing
From: Marguerite Krupp <Marguerite_Krupp -at- BAYNETWORKS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:13:22 -0400

Back when I was writing software (instead of writing ABOUT software), there
was a certain place in the code reserved for a boilerplate copyright
notice, very much like the one appearing in the manual but specialized to
cover only the code, algorithms, etc., that the company itself produced.
This was always in plain text (not encrypted) and actually compiled into
the program as a constant, rather than as a comment. I don't know what
current practice is, but perhaps ACM or IEEE could offer some advice.

Marguerite Krupp